Our multi-talented Solo cornet player Haley wrote a poem after our great performance at Stevenage!
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Very pleased with the bands performance today and managed to secure 5th place in the London and Southern Counties 2nd Section Area Qualifier. In a strong field of 16 bands this keeps us at the top of the section. Well done Chris and the band, all to play for in 2018.
1. Grimsdyke (Sharon Broughall)*
2. Amersham (Paul Fisher)*
3. Milton Keynes Brass (Bob Stardling)
4. Soham Comrades (Jayne Murrill)
5. Yiewsley & West Drayton (Chris Cole)
6. LGB Brass (Ian Stewart)
7. Wantage Silver ‘B’ (Danny Dullforce)
8. Waterbeach (Andrew Kershaw)
9. BAE Systems (Melvin White)
10. Tilbury (Ben Jones)
11. Chinnor Silver (David Pegram)
12. Hungerford Town (Tim Crouter)
13. St. Sebastian Wokingham (Nigel Howard)
14. Littleport Brass (Nicholas Garman)
15. Welwyn Garden City (Graham Chambers)
16. Epping Forest (Keith Schroeter)
The band took part in the annual Christmas lights switch on and parade in Uxbridge town centre on November 27th, passing through the shopping centres with Santa and his elves!